Makefast Ltd does not disclose buyers' information to third parties other than when order details are processed as part of the order fulfilment. In this case, the third party will not disclose any of the details to any other third party.
Data collected by this site is used to:
- Take and fulfil customer orders.
- Administer and enhance the site and service.
- Only disclose information to third-parties for goods delivery purposes.
Like many web sites, we use "cookies" to operate our web site. Cookies are pieces of information that a site transfers to an individual’s hard drive or device for the purpose of keeping records and offering interactive features, such as web site personalisation and order placement. Cookies do not contain any personally-identifiable information.
Cookies are used on this shopping site to keep track of the contents of your shopping cart, to store delivery addresses if the address book is used and to store your details if you select the 'Remember Me' Option. They are also used after you have logged on as part of that process.
Consent and Control
- In addition to the controls that we provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
- The links below provide instructions on how to control Cookies in all mainstream browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/278835
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/products/microsoft-edge (Please note that there are no specific instructions at this time, but Microsoft support will be able to assist)
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
- Safari (macOS): https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?viewlocale=en_GB&locale=en_GB
- Safari (iOS): https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-Cookies-website-preferences
- Android: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en (Please refer to your device’s documentation for manufacturers’ own browsers)
- ACTINIC_CART - Records the session file of the shopping cart.
- ACTINIC_BUSINESS - The login digest for logged in customers.
- ACTINIC_CONTACT - Checkout 'Remember Me' function - stores contact information to avoid the need for re-entering for subsequent orders.
- ACTINIC_REFERER - Returns the customer to the last page visited after completion of the checkout.
- LAST_SECTION_URL - Used by the ‘Back’ link on the Product Page, to return the visitor to the correct Section Page.
- ACTINIC_RECENT - Records the image filename(s) for the ‘Recently Viewed Products’ list, if enabled.
- CART_CONTENT - Stores the cart value and item count for the shopping cart summary.
- makefast_visited - Indicates the start of a visit. We use this cookie to determine whether or not to display a message allowing you to choose between visiting the Makefast Marine site or the Makefast Shop.
- makefast_hide_popup - Indicates that you do not want us to display a message allowing you to choose between visiting the Makefast Marine site or the Makefast Shop.
Makefast utilises Google Analytics which allows us to monitor traffic to our site. Google Analytics uses the following cookies:
- __utma - Used to determine unique visitors to the site.
- __utmb - Used to establish and continue a user session with the site.
- __utmc - Operated in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to establish and continue a user session with the site.
- __utmz - Used to determine how a visitor accesses the site (for example, via a search engine or a link).
Full details of the cookies which Google Analytics uses can be found in Google’s Analytics documentation: https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsCookies
We do not share any data that Google Analytics collects. The analytics data collected by Google Analytics is used by Makefast Limited to:
- Generate aggregate reports about how visitors find the site.
- Evaluate visitor use of the site.
- Enhance and update the site.
For more information about privacy, data protection and our terms and conditions, please visit the following: